Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pillowcases

I bought a half yard of this snowmen fabric a couple months ago, intending to make something for my aunt who loves snowmen.  I think I was originally intending to make coasters or napkins, but I realized a couple weeks ago that the amount of fabric I had would be perfect for pillowcase edgings.


These were super easy to make.  For each pillowcase, I cut a piece of snowmen fabric 40" x 9", and a piece of white fabric 40" x 28".  I folded the snowmen piece in half the long way with right sides out, so the fabric was doubled and cute snowmen were visible on both sides.  I sewed the 40" long sides of the patterned and white pieces together, then folded the whole thing in half to form one long edge of the finished pillowcase, and sewed the other side and end. I debated embroidering my aunt's name or a snowflake, but decided against it as the snowmen are cute enough on their own.













I gave them to my aunt for Christmas, and she loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment