Sunday, December 13, 2009

Flannel scarf


This scarf is destined to be a Christmas present for a friend who I think could use a little extra coziness this winter.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to make for her, and then remembered a wonderfully big, cozy scarf I'd oogled on tv the other day.  A quick trip to the fabric store, and a flannel version was underway.

The finished size is 9" x 75".  It's probably long enough to wrap twice, but I find it's warm enough wrapped once, with nice long ends in front.  It was made of pieces 19" wide and from 5" to 10" long (the plaid cut on the bias), joined together and then the whole thing was folded in half the long way.  I bought 1 yard of the plaid (60" wide) and a 1/2 yard each of the black and white (44" wide), and it was more than enough.  I could have gotten away with less of the plaid if it wasn't cut on the bias.

It needed a little something else to feel more personalized, so I added a star in the corner.



Maybe I need a version for myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment