Thursday, March 18, 2010

Knotty alpacas


I made this a couple weeks ago for my parents, who recently adopted four alapacas.  I was inspired by the adorable sheep at incy wincy stitches, and wanted to try my hand at something similar. 


This is my first embroidery project, and I'm pretty happy with how it came out.  I was having a real mental block about French knots for a long time, and couldn't do them at all, until I looked up a youtube video and finally got it.  Once I did that, these little guys went really quickly.   My only issue with this project is that I forgot which alpaca has the white spot on his chin - it's the brown one, not a black one.  Oh well, I'll just say the black one has his buck teeth hanging out - they have really goofy teeth. 


Here they are, enjoying the end of winter.  You can kind of see their buck teeth in this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment